PRIVACY NOTICE FOR GR Super Sport (Tentative)
June 27, 2019
- Toyota (“we”, “our”, or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Toyota Privacy Notice (“Notice”) for the Gazoo Racing Super Sport Concept (“GR Super Sport (Tentative) ”) describes the categories of personal data we process in connection with your use of our website available at www.toyotagazooracing.com, (“Website”) and the purposes for which your personal data will be used.
- DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION CONTACT POINT
- For the purpose of this Notice,
- Toyota Motor Corporation (“Toyota”)
1 Toyota-cho, Toyota city
Aichi, 471-8571, JAPAN
- is responsible for the processing of your personal data as a Data Controller.
- We have set up a Data Protection Contact Point that will handle any questions or requests you may have concerning this Notice, your personal data, and its processing.
- For any questions, requests or complaints concerning the application of this Notice or for exercising your rights, as described in this Notice, you can contact us at the Data Protection Contact Point:
- Data Protection Contact Point
Information Security Management Department
Toyota Motor Corporation
1 Toyota-cho, Toyota city,
Aichi, 471-8571, JAPAN
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Our Website offers you (i) the possibility to receive the latest news and updates about the Toyota GR-SSC and about GR motorsports activity, to receive invitations for GR-SSC related events, and to potentially receive a detailed offer to buy a Toyota GR-SSC, (ii) to contact us via phone call or email, or otherwise provide information directly to us, and (iii) interact with us on social media. The personal data thereby collected by Toyota in our survey includes:
- Identification data: name, address (private and/or professional), country of residence, telephone number (residential, business), email address;
- Personal characteristics: age, gender;
- Personal interests when completing our survey: whether you are interested in motor sports activities, the number of vehicles/sport cars you own, what kind of sport cars you plan to purchase in the future, how often you drive on a race track, what type of license you have, whether you are involved in a racing team as an owner, sponsor, or participant, what are your expectations from the Toyota GR-SSC, whether you would be interested in buying a Toyota GR-SSC, what you like about Toyota GR; and
- Contact information consisting of the communication channel you have used to contact us or have chosen to provide us with, such as your email address or a social media account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and/or Instagram account), including the content of the communication (e.g. requests for information, complaints, comments, etc.).
- FOR WHICH PURPOSES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASES
- We will only process your personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes. We will not process your personal data for any further purposes than the ones the data was originally intended for, unless the new purpose is compatible with the original one. In the absence of compatibility, the processing of personal data for further purposes is subject to your prior explicit consent.
- The following table lists the purposes for which we process your personal data and the legal bases we rely on:
Purpose of Processing Legal Basis Toyota’s internal product planning, i.e., forecasting demand, deciding upon production numbers, price, other characteristics of the Toyota GR-SSC. Processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Toyota, consisting of commercial planning and forecasts regarding the Toyota GR-SSC. Sending email updates about GR-SSC and GR motorsports activity to all website subscribers, and email invitations to GR-SSC related events to selected website subscribers. Consent of the website subscriber. Providing selected website subscribers with a detailed offer to buy a Toyota GR-SSC stemming from either TMC or local distributors of the Toyota GR-SSC, which will contain information about technical features and other characteristics of the Toyota GR-SSC, price and delivery time. Processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by the Toyota group, including its local distributors, which consists of manufacturing, marketing and sale of the Toyota GR-SSC.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
For the purposes for which we collect your personal data, we may disclose it to the following categories of recipients:
- Our authorised staff members;
- Our affiliates and subsidiary companies, i.e. Toyota Motor North America, Toyota Motor Europe, Toyota Motor Asia Pacific, Toyota Motor China, and others. You can find more information and the contact details of these companies at the following website [https://global.toyota/en/select-region]; and
- Our authorized distributors. You can find more information and the contact details of these companies at the following website [https://global.toyota/en/select-region].
- OUR GENERAL WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
- AMENDMENTS TO THIS NOTICE
- We reserve the right to amend this Notice from time to time consistent with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Any changes to this Notice will be posted on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your personal data, we will notify you through a new version of this Notice on the website home page. The date this Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page.