April 1, 2023
- Distribution of press releases
- Provision of materials such as images
Article 2 (Safety Precautions)
Regarding the obtainment of personal information on our web pages, we have adopted an encrypted communication method that uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to enhance communication security. However, due to the nature of Internet services, we are unable to provide any guarantee on the safety and reliability of communication for the period starting after the transmission of your personal information but before its storage into our server. Please note that, except where we had any willful intention or where there was any gross negligence, we assume no liability with respect to information leaked due to illegal acts of third parties, such as fraudulent access. Please ensure that you understand and acknowledge such communication risks before using this site. We ask that users use and protect their ID and password in an appropriate way.
Article 3 (Links)
Please use our main page (https://toyotagazooracing.com/media/) if you wish to set a link to this site. Setting a link from the following websites or links are prohibited:
- Links from websites which contain or may contain contents that are offensive to public policy or are illegal;
- Links in forms which infringe upon copyrights, such as those using frame functions or those that make it difficult to know that the contents belong to us;
- Links from websites which contain contents that may defame or discredit us or our products and services; and
- Links with commercial and/or for-profit purposes (links that have the purpose of making a profit or obtaining compensation).
Article 4 (Browsers)
It is recommended that you view this site using the latest version of Microsoft Edge.
Due to your browser settings or by viewing this site from other browsers, there may be cases where the site’s display is disrupted or where this site cannot be used, even under our recommended browser settings.
Please refer to the HELP section located in the settings section for each browser.
Article 6 (COOKIE)
We will not be able to identify or recognize you through these COOKIES unless you input your personal information. COOKIES can be disabled through the settings section of the Internet browsing software that you use.
Note, however, that all or a part of the functions of this site may not operate correctly if you disable COOKIES.
Article 7 (Registered Users)
- email address
- country of residence, etc.
Article 8 (Use of the box)
Article 9 (Deregistration)
In any of the following events, the Services may deregister the Registered User without giving prior notice:
- The registered user does not exist;
- The registered user has made false statements;
- There are erroneous descriptions or omissions in the matters registered at the time of application for registration;
- Certain information required at the time of application for registration has been deleted upon request of the Registered User;
- The Registered User does not give consent to a change in the provisions pertaining to the use of Personal Information by us or the provision of Personal Information to third parties;
- The Registered User is a member of anti-social forces, or it has been revealed that the registered user is affiliated with anti-social forces; or,
- Any other case where the Services determine that the person is unfit to be a Registered User.
Article 10 (After Withdrawal/Deregistration)
A Registered User will be unable to use any of the Services after being deregistered.
After a Registered User is deregistered, we will delete any information received from the Registered User through the Services, including the e-mail address and the country of residence (“Personal Information”), etc. However, among the information provided by the relevant Registered User, information other than the Personal Information may continue to be used based on statistical data.
Article 11 (No Assignment)
The Registered Users shall not assign their right to use the Services to any third party.
Article 12 (Handling of Personal Information)
We remind you that you can at any time exercise certain data protection rights. These rights may vary depending on where you are located and which data protection laws will apply to the relationship between you and us, but would typically include:
- The right to request access to your Personal Information, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the Personal Information and information related to how it is processed. You may always contact us at the Data Protection Contact Point.
- The right to be informed of certain things, which include public and private entities which we made shared use of your Personal Information, the possibility to refuse the provision of consent and the respective consequences.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your Personal Information, which includes the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, and certain rights to request us to erase, block or anonymize your Personal Information without undue delay.
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your Personal Data transmitted from us to another controller.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
Any requests related to the above rights can be made by sending an email to the Data Protection Contact Point listed above. You can make a variety of choices about how you want to be contacted by us, through which channel (for example, email, mail, social media, phone, etc.), for which purpose and how frequently, by adjusting the privacy settings on the relevant device or updating your user or account profile or by following the "unsubscribe" instructions included in the communication.
In addition, we do not receive information from Box, Inc. regarding information of the Registered Users under the control of Box, Inc. pursuant to Article 8.
Article 13 (Purpose of Use of Personal Information)
Regarding these Services, the Personal Information of registered users will be processed for the following purposes:
- The management of users of the Services;
- The delivery of press releases to the users of the Services; and,
- The authentication of the users of the Services.
We process the Personal Information for achieving the above purposes based on the performance of a contract. We will not retain the Personal Information for longer than is allowed under the applicable data protection laws or for longer that is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected or otherwise processed.
For the purpose of this Notice
Toyota Motor Corporation ("Toyota")
1 Toyota-cho, Toyota city
Aichi, 471-8571, JAPAN
is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data as Data Controller.
Article 14 (Referral, Change, and Deletion of Personal Information)
The Registered Users may inquire, change, or delete (including withdrawal of consent) their own registered Personal Information pursuant to the prescribed procedures of the Services.
In the event that a Registered User desires to withdraw their registration, the Registered User will contact us by canceling their registration for press release distribution specified in Article 1, Item (1).
However, in the event of our server or network maintenance or failure, we may be delayed in responding to requests from the Registered Users.
If a Registered User is dissatisfied with the handling of Personal Information by us in the Services, the Registered User may file an appeal with the administrative agency that has jurisdiction over the Registered User’s place of residence.
Data Protection Contact Point
Information Security and Trust Management Division
Toyota Motor Corporation
1 Toyota-cho, Toyota city,
Aichi, 471-8571, JAPAN
Article 15 (Responsibility for Management of ID and Password)
Registered Users shall use and manage the box ID and password registered for the provision of materials such as images, specified in Article 1, Item (2), at their own risk. Neither box or we shall be held responsible for any damages caused by unauthorized use of the box ID and password by third parties.
Article 16 (Copyrights)
Intellectual property rights such as copyrights, trademarks, and design rights pertaining to the contents (such as text, images, and videos;“Copyrighted Materials”) provided in the Services belong to us and/or other information providers. Registered users shall not use the Services or any information obtained through the Services for any purpose or in any manner that infringes on the intellectual property rights of us and/or other information providers.
Copyrights (including the rights in Articles 27 and 28 of the Copyright Act of Japan) and any other rights pertaining to the proposals, comments, or other opinions regarding the Services (“Proposals”) belong to us. The Registered users shall not exercise the moral rights of authors with respect to these Proposals.
Article 17 (Prohibited Matters)
Registered users shall not engage in any of the following acts when using the Services:
- Disclosing their own box IDs or passwords (limited to those for using the Services), or selling, assigning, or lending them to any third party;
- Using, reproducing, selling, or providing to the public, within or outside of the network, beyond the scope designated in Article 16, information (including the URLs of box) or copyrighted work provided by the Services, or any other act which infringes upon the intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and design rights) of us or the information provider;
- Infringing on the property or privacy of another person, or defaming another person;
- Transmitting or writing harmful computer programs or the like into our site;
- In the event that communication is made through networks in Japan and overseas, any act that violates the rules of such networks;
- Hampering the operation of the Services;
- Any act which is in violation of or which may violate the law; and,
- Any other act which we consider inappropriate.
In the event that a Registered User violates any of the prohibited matters in the preceding paragraph, we may, at its discretion, deregister the Registered User without prior notice.
Article 19 (Compensation for Damages)
Article 20 (Immunity)
We shall not liable for any damages suffered by the Registered Users due to the use of the Services or the use of the information provided by the Services, and shall not be obliged to compensate for any damages.
Unless otherwise specified, the information provided by us to the Registered Users through the Services shall be for the products or services provided inside or outside of Japan by us.
We shall not liable for any disputes between the Registered Users, between the Registered User and the information provider of the Services, or between the Registered User and other third parties that arise in connection with the use of the Services.
We shall not be liable for any loss of information registered or provided by the Registered Users through the Services, except in cases of intentional or gross negligence on the part of us
We shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of obligations under the Term of Use due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of us, such as defects in the operation of servers or networks, or other technical issues.
The contents and information on this site are provided as is without any explicit or implicit guarantee. We neither provides any statutory guarantee nor is legally obliged or liable with respect to the accuracy, appropriateness, timeliness, or integrity of the information provided. Further, We provides no guarantee that the information on this site or the information accessible through this site is not infected with any computer virus.
Article 21 (Governing Law)
U.S. Consumers ― Certain U.S. state laws may give you privacy rights related to your personal information which are in addition to any privacy rights set forth in this Privacy Notice. Please visit the Toyota Motor North America Privacy Statement (https://www.toyota.com/support/privacy-rights/) for additional information.
Article 22 (Contact Address)
(Supplementary Provision) Revised April 1, 2023
※Microsoft Edge is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation U.S. in the U.S. and other countries.
*You must log into box.com to use this new service.
Please create a Box Individual Plan (Free) account if you do not already have one.
*Please log in to the box in advance. If you cannot access TGR DAM powered by Box even though after logging in to the box, please click the [TGR DAM powered by Box - for Media] button above again.